.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Picture patch ups.

Sense I have been in the south this summer my family and I have been pretty good at keeping in touch. From long phone calls to skype sessions and picture mail it feels like I am back at home in Salt Lake.
No joke, I get at least 3 pictures a day from my mommy dearest that usually consist of the little chillins, inside jokes, or the dogs...(why she feels like she needs to send me so many pictures of the puppies back home I have no idea).
There have been lots of occasions that have happened over the summer that I have missed out on and the fam back home have missed out on happening here. But my mom has done a good job at keeping me posted... Me not so much. But here are a few pictures from my birthday that my
mom hasn't even seen.

(thanks mom for all the gifts! and thanks Scott and Lea for making my birthday great :)

A few of the big occasions happening home have been in the past couple of weeks and my mom kept me updated with ever little detail. The first celebration I missed was the 24th of July. I am still sad about missing Pioneer day for a few reasons.

-Its only celebrated in Utah and I love that.

-Its a fun reason to have a BBQ.

- Another reason to go to fireworks.

-Every year I spend the night down at the parade to save a spot for my family. I know that sleeping on the side of the street in down town salt lake doesn't sound like the funnest thing ever... but it really is a blast. Maybe its just the tradition I love but I am sad I couldn't do it this year. My sister and I started doing it a few years ago (but these past few years they have pooped out).


- The parade its self is the best parade ever. Even though I am Miss Grouchy by the time it starts because I have been up all night I still wouldn't miss it. For those of you who have been to it before know that I am right. And for those of you who haven't been to it should probably try and go next year because it is so fun!
My mom sent a load of pictures from the parade which included this one of the UVU float.
Go wolverines!!



(Janie and Sam at the parade)


(Em and sam at the parade)

Another Celebration I missed was Riley Jane's 6th birthday party that is the 25th of July. Sense Its the day after the 24th we just keep on celebrating on to the next day! Riley thinks that they have a parade just for her birthday!!
If you have ever met lou than you know that she LOVES her birthday more than anything.
She usually starts planning her party for the year to come the day after her birthday...I am so sad I missed her party because it sounded like tons of fun!
But don't worry my mom kept me updated the whole day with lots and lots of pictures. Unfortunately all the pictures my mom send were a little dark and out of focus but they were pretty much the same as the pictures Devany got so here are some of the fun moments I missed.

(Rileys cute cake devany made)

I hope you had a good birthday Ry!!
I'm sad I missed it. Love and miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Um, you forgot to mention the biggest thing you are missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've missed you so much this summer! The kids keep asking about you and are anxious for you to get home. I'm sure Scott and Lea have loved having you, but we need you back!

    ReplyDelete

shout outs